Saturday, October 30, 2010

Guitar Concerto in A major, Op. 8 -- Carulli

This is pretty much a very straightforward classical concerto for guitar. Carulli seems to be slightly obscure, although I gather he's very well-known among classical guitarists since he wrote hosts upon hosts of works for guitar, like this one. It's really beautiful (it's difficult to go wrong with classical guitar), with some pretty technically impressive passages to boot. I think if Mozart ever wrote for guitar (which I'm pretty sure he didn't) it would sound a lot like this.  Here's a nice interpretation with relatively good sound quality. Also I think it's on period instruments, but I may be mistaken. Enjoy!
Also, Carulli was pretty funny-looking, as you can see in the picture. What a silly man.

No comments:

Post a Comment